This is such a quick dinner idea and one of my absolute favourites. Grilled Lamb, on the table in less than 30 minutes; what’s not to love!
3 leg lamb steaks (approx 175g each)
3 sprigs of rosemary, stripped
2 gloves of garlic, peeled
Zest & juice of 1 lemon
2 tbsp rapeseed oil, plus extra for oiling the cooking grate
2 tsp Maldon sea salt
1 tsp freshly cracked black pepper
- Roughly chop the rosemary and garlic and place in a bowl with the other ingredients. Evenly coat the lamb leg steaks and leave covered somewhere cool until the BBQ is ready.
*This can be made easier with a small food processor or smoothie style blender.
- Preheat the BBQ for 250c direct heat with an indirect safety area; lid down vents open.
- Clean the grate using your grill brush and oil with the extra rapeseed oil.
- Place the steaks over the area of direct heat and close the lid. Cook for 3 minutes and check the see if they turn easily.
- Close the lid and cook for a further 2 minutes on the second side, before checking the core temperature using a digital temperature probe.
- If you like your lamb pink cook it to 55c, or for more well done cook to a core temperature of 75c.
- To cook the lamb through more without overcooking the outside, slide the steaks to the area of indirect heat and replace the lid.
- Once the steaks reach your desired temperature remove from the BBQ to rest on a warm plate under a sheet of tinfoil.
- Slice and serve with boiled new potatoes and seasonal greens.