Who doesn’t love a nice slice of cake, especially when it’s loaded with goodies. Well this Carrot and Banana cake has 2 for the price of one!
I chose to forgo a classic sweetened cream cheese frosting but should you wish it’s simply a pack of Philly cream cheese with sufficient icing sugar to sweeten and an optional drop of vanilla extract.
- 185g plain flour
- 75g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 200g soft brown sugar
- 90g coarsely chopped pecans (or walnuts)
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 4 medium carrots, grated
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 250ml vegetable oil
- Preheat your BBQ for 160oC of roasting / indirect heat.
- Grease a 24cm springform tin and line with parchment.
- Sieve the flour, soda, spices and sugar into a large bowl, stir in the remaining ingredients and pour the cake mixture into the prepared cake tin.
- Place an upturned large drip tray in the area of indirect heat and place the cake tin squarely in the centre of it. Close the lid and bake for 1¼ hours
- When you place a skewer into the centre of the cake and it comes out clean, remove the cake from the BBQ and allow to cool.