As you know I’m all about #banishingbbqmyths and showing you thing you didn’t know were possible on a grill. Today’s shot of inspiration is for a dessert! Fruit is always a winner on the BBQ as the high heat of the grill brings out all the sweetness and flavour. Try this recipe for grilled peaches with mascarpone, flaked almonds and balsamic glaze and see what you think!
- 4 still slightly firm peaches
- 150g mascarpone cheese
- 50g flaked almonds
- 4 tbsp balsamic glaze
- mint sprigs for decoration
- Preheat your BBQ for 230-250c grilling heat with the lid down and vents open as applicable.
- Cut 2 of the peaches in halves and 2 into segments.
- Place the peaches on the cooking grate over the area of grilling heat and close the lid for 10-20 seconds. Depending on the heat of your grill this could happen quickly so you don’t want to leave them too long before having a check. Once the first side has great colour flip over and give the same time with the lid down.
- Remove from the grill and arrange 4 individual plates or 1 large sharing platter. Dot 25g of mascarpone in the centre of each grilled half, scatter over the flaked almonds and drizzle over the balsamic glaze. Top off each half with the very tip of a mint leaf and serve.